Monday, April 13, 2015

We Have Fish Bait! - Pokemon Zeta 02

In a nuzlocke run, only the first pokemon encountered in each new area can be captured.  On Route 301, Seahorse and I encountered a Caterpie right away.  It was stubborn, and the first pokeball failed to capture it.  However, it eventually gave in and became my second companion.  Since it's a worm, I decided to name it Fish Bait.







Our first trainer battle was against a camper named Aidan and his Wurmple and Pidgey.  Wurmple went down without a fight, but Pidgey proved to be a challenge.













It got a critical hit on Seahorse, almost killing him.  I switched to Fish Bait temporarily, and since he couldn't do much damage, I had to heal Seahorse and switch back to him.  We made it through the battle without losing any lives, but if I learned anything, it's that I need to train harder.










So training is what we did.  And once Fish Bait reached level 7...


















.....it evolved into Metapod.  And now it isn't really "fish bait" anymore.  However, it's going to keep the name that I originally gave it.












We encountered a trainer's Weedle, and the sucker poisoned my poor Seahorse.  I thought I was going to lose him, but we made it to the Pokemon Center before he could have succumbed to the poison.










Next time, we'll be exploring the Naragex Forest, and if all goes well, Seahorse and Fish Bait will survive yet another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment